VERTICAL HOUR CHALLENGE - FREE
How much vertical can you run in an hour?
Coming Fall, 2021
HOW IT WORKS
- Run for 60 minutes or less.
- Finish at the same elevation that you start (or lower).
- You may run road, trail, stairs, whatever.
- Run a single, long up/down, or a series of shorter hills.
- Run (and submit) as many times as you like.
- Submit your results via the button below.
Run 60 minutes or less. Time is total elapsed time from start to finish, not just your moving time. Wherever you are at 60:00 is the end.
You must finish at or below the elevation you started. If you are higher than your start at 60:00, take your time and elevation gain when you are last at your starting elevation.
What's the best place to do this? Road or trail? Steep or moderate? Long climb(s) or short repeats? Think about what might allow you the most climbing.
Try as many times as you like. If you think you can do better or want to try another location, try and submit again.
This is for fun. Be safe. Be smart.
I'll add to this as I get more feedback.
- What if I don't have time to do a full hill repeat? Do a short up/down, just enough to get you back at the starting elevation at or less than 60:00. Or, stop before 60:00.
- What if I go over 60:00? Count your elevation gain, time, etc., the last time you were at the starting elevation.
- What if I don't like how I did? Do it again. You can try and submit as many times as you like.
- Do I have to go down the same path I take up? No. You can take a different way down. You don't even have to finish at the same place as long as the elevation is the same.
- What's the best place to do this? That's something we'll learn as we go. I suspect that it'll be on a smooth surface that's moderately, but not too steep, one that you can run up steadily without too much strain, and down without having to brake.