Run Uphill Racing
Races, Coaching, Training Advice, Commentary & More.
When in doubt, run uphill!
Fun courses. Simple swag and food. Affordable prices. It's a race, not a party. Join the Back2Basics racing movement.
2023 tentative schedule
8/27/23 - Two Brothers Up-and-Down. 10km up-and-down 1,800'; 5km 570'. Idaho Springs, CO.
10/14/23 - Expo Park XC. Youth and Adult XC races, 1km - 5km. Aurora, CO.
10/15/23 - Beware the Bear. 5km, 14.2km, 5+14.2 double, Free Kids 1km. Lakewood, CO.
11/12/23 - Reuter-Hess Trail Run. 10km. ~600'. Parker, CO.
Coaching built on trust and open communication. Training that fits you, enhancing your strengths and tackling your limiters, whether you're training for your first 5km or your 100th 100-miler.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
- Stephen Seiler and the Fundamentals of Endurance TrainingThere are some basic principles of endurance training that we all should be following regardless of sport, according to Stephen Seiler. You haven’t heard of him? Perhaps that’s because he hasn’t written a best selling book or isn’t a coach … Continue reading →
- Chasing Squirrels and Vitamin NI was writing this blog when I came across an interview with Kipchoge where he talks about discipline, ideas that fit well here. I decided to merge a review of that interview below. It can be fun to go after … Continue reading →
- Making Every Stride CountThere are two ways to go faster – take longer or faster strides. Changes in stride length are largely dictated by fitness, strength, and flexibility. However, you can increase your speed by increasing you stride rate without a big increase … Continue reading →
- TaperingDo you look forward to tapering or fear it? “What is supposed to be a relaxing time to rest and recover … [can be] a time of intense anxiety,” writes Stephanie Kinnon in an article titled “The Terror of Tapering.” … Continue reading →
- Proper Pacing in UltrasPacing in ultras is easy – start out slow, then fade. Just kidding. Proper pacing is important. Going out too fast or too slow can ruin your (very long) day. However, there’s a lot of room in the middle. You … Continue reading →
- Leadville Pacers Guide (2022)Perhaps the original guide, and still one of the best. Updated for 2022. Valuable info for runners and crew, as well as (potential) pacers. Continue reading →
- Less than PerfectYour training isn’t perfect. Chances are you’re training too fast or too slow, too long or too short, too many or not enough hills, etc. Relax. That’s OK. We’re not professionals. Running revolves around life, not the other way. For … Continue reading →
- INTRODUCING SPEEDIf you want to get faster, you have to train fast. Relax. Speed training doesn’t mean you have to run on a track or do highly structured workouts. Speed workouts can be done almost anywhere. And, there are many ways to get it done that can be fun. Continue reading…
- Stop the GrindStop the Grind - those long, slow, plodding training runs up long, steep hills. Continue reading →
- Keeping It ShortThinking about stepping up in distance next year, to do a marathon, ultra, or Ironman®? You might want to reconsider. There’s nothing wrong with going longer, but there’s no need to rush. We’re endurance athletes. We look for new challenges. … Continue reading →
Sign up to hear about events, training advice and commentary, clinics, and other running news and stories.
Want to learn more about races, coaching, running in Colorado? Send me a message, and I will get back to you soon.
Run Uphill Racing, LLC
Denver, Colorado, United States